Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Running kchmviewer on the WeTab

Well, I have to say I am not a fan of FBReader. It has lots of potential, but crashes far too often for my taste.

I've tried a bunch of chm readers along the years and have found kchmviewer to be the one that suites me best. If you have better suggestions please do tell!

Well lets get down to business.

Download the rpm from kchmviewer.net

Next go get chmlib from here.

Build chmlib and install it.

mkdir chmlib
mv chmlib-0.40.tar.gz chmlib
cd chmlib/
tar xvfz chmlib-0.40.tar.gz
cd chmlib-0.40
./configure
make
sudo make install
cd ..

Now install the kchmviewer rpm. You might have some trouble with yum not finding the lib. Just make sure the path to your so file is in your ld.so.conf.

nano /etc/ld.so.conf

sudo ldconfig

sudo rpm -i --nodeps kchmviewer-5.2-1.i586.rpm

You should now be good to go. Just enter kchmviewer and it will pop up to say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment