Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WeTab Desktop Icons




Ok so looking closely at the matchbox video I was able to make out something that looked like: exo-desktop-item-edit

If you google that, you will find that it's an icon creator tool, some ubuntu pages provided the insight.

This page describes the details of that tool.

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man1/exo-desktop-item-edit.1.html


However to get things really working I actually had to do some of the work manually.

First create a shortcut so that a child node is properly created internally and assigned in the pprop file:

exo-desktop-item-edit -c ~/.appdata/tiitoo-pinnwand/tiitoo-localbookmarks/

Fill the dialog up with any details.

In my case I created an icon for DosBox.

Next find a nice PNG file for your icon.

cd ~/.appdata/tiitoo-pinnwand/tiitoo-localbookmarks

There you will find png, pprop and desktop files. Copy your png here.

Now what I did was just copy the .desktop file from adobereader.desktop and modified that. For my dosbox icon I then had the following:

[Desktop%20Entry]
Type=Application
Icon=Widget-dosbox.png
Exec=dosbox

now from a terminal do sudo killall tiitoo-pinnwand and your desktop should have the new icon on it.

Have fun making icons for your other apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment